Comment Period: May 6, 2022 through 11:59 p.m. (ET) June 20, 2022
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. (HSAG) to develop and refine the CMS Quality Measure Index (QMI). The contract name is Impact Assessment of CMS Quality and Efficiency Measures. The contract number is 75CMC18D0026. As part of its measure development process, HSAG requests interested parties submit comments on the QMI release version 1.0 methodology. The purpose of the QMI is to support the assessment and selection of quality measures that provide meaningful quality performance information and align with the national health care quality priorities.
Documents and Measures for Comment
Submit comments via SurveyMonkey at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QMIpubliccomment.
CMS encourages you to submit general comments or specific feedback on the QMI. In particular, please provide feedback on the following prompts:
- The QMI can be adapted over time as strategic priorities change and measurement science evolves. Please provide recommendations to refine existing variables and their operational definitions included in the QMI, and any additional variables or domains CMS should consider for future inclusion in the QMI.
- For the Reliability and Validity variables, please recommend additional tests or thresholds the QMI should consider acceptable.
- Please provide feedback on the proposed scoring methodology, including the appropriateness of equal weighting of domains in calculating the overall QMI score.
- Since CMS has established health equity as a strategic priority, please comment on how the QMI might further incorporate health equity or disparities as a scoring variable.
- To reduce burden on measure developers, CMS aims to closely align the QMI with National Quality Forum (NQF) evaluation criteria. Please provide recommendations to further align the QMI with NQF evaluation criteria.
- Please provide general recommendations for future considerations for the QMI.