2023 Measures Under Consideration List Now Available!
- A total of 42 measures, including 18 new measures not currently used in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) programs, are included for consideration.
- Ninety-five percent of the measures on the List use digital data sources, advancing the CMS National Quality Strategy goal of prioritizing the development of interoperable and digital quality measures.
- Ten measures addressing person-centered care, accelerating equity and engagement for all individuals, and seven measures addressing the Equity goal of the CMS National Quality Strategy, also a priority of the Meaningful Measures 2.0 Initiative, are included on the List.
By publishing this List, CMS makes these 42 measures publicly available and will seek input from interested parties in upcoming proposed rules published in the Federal Register for their use in Medicare programs.
Looking for more information about the Pre-Rulemaking process? The MMS Hub Pre-Rulemaking webpage features information on:
- how measure developers can submit their quality and efficiency measures for consideration by CMS;
- multi-interested party review through the Pre-Rulemaking Measure Review (PRMR) process;
- CMS’ measure priorities;
- current and past MUC Lists and multi-interested party reports; and,
- additional Pre-Rulemaking Resources to assist measure developers in submitting their measures for consideration.
CMS encourages you to explore the Pre-Rulemaking webpage and provide feedback at MMSsupport@battelle.org.
* The Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program for Eligible Clinicians and Critical Access Hospitals referenced in this document is now called the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program.